- Cimex lenticularis.
- Bed bug bites known as Cimicosis.
- Attracted to CO2, warmth, exposed surfaces.
- Hide near beds, cracks, crevices. Feed at night.
- May appear translucent (nymphs,) brown (mature bug,) red (after meal,) black (after digestion.)
- Belong to Hemiptera like kissing bugs which are vectors for trypanosomiasis (Central and South America.)
- Pain immediately after bite. Pruritis may take days to develop.
- Hyperpigmented, erythematous papules
- Classic line of bites: "breakfast, lunch, and dinner"
Domestic U.S. Ectoparasites
See also travel-related skin conditions