Difference between revisions of "Enoxaparin"
Revision as of 08:46, 17 July 2011
- Trade name = Lovenox
- A Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH)
- DOSE = 1mg/kg sq bid
- No need to monitor PTT and adjust dosages.
- DVT/PE - equal efficacy
- Unstable Angina (better than heparin)
- Ischemic Stroke - (LMWH benefit at 6 months)
- Prevent prolonged hospitalization
- Rapid neutralization with protamine possible
- 1:1 mg upto 50 for lovenox in last 8hours
- Renal insufficiency (creatinine >2), liver disease, pregnancy, or obesity