Prehospital protocol pediatric seizure
- 100% O2 NRB
- Prepare to assist ventilations
- Obtain vital signs
- Check blood glucose
Blood Glucose <60mg/dL?
- Treat with Dextrose IV/IO
Active Grand Mal Seizure?
- Midazolam (weight *0.2mg/kg) IN/IM
- Place on EtCO2 monitoring
- Further orders per on-line physician
Continuing seizure > 5 min?
- Obtain IV access
- Begin EtCO2 monitoring
- Give IV/IO midazolam (weight *0.1) mg OR
- Give IM/IN midazolam (weight *0.2) mg
- Continue to monitor airway
- Further orders as per on-line physician