Difference between revisions of "Thyroid (Main)"
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Revision as of 19:08, 31 July 2011
Spectrum of Disease
Hypo <--> Hyper
myxedema coma << hypothyroid < euthyroid < hyperthyroid << thyroid storm
- cretinism- no congenital t3/t4
- parafollicular C cells make calcitonin to keep the bone in
- endemic goiter- if pt from area c low iodine I intake
- free t3 & t4 determines thyroid state- not total plasma conc
- t4-> t3 active & rt3 inactive
- trh -> tsh -> t4 ->t3. t3 I's pittry
- hthal pitutry gland
- thyroid state changes dtr relax and contract speed and bmr O2 use.