Difference between revisions of "Viral hemorrhagic fevers"
Revision as of 16:41, 12 September 2014
- meningococcemia, malaria, leptospirosis, rickettsia- all treatable with abx
- also untreatable viruses- dengue, yellow fvr- but hem forms rarely seen in travelers
- also consider Ebola and Lassa fever- public health hazard
- h/o visit to rural area or contact with ill people in endemic area
- usually 3 wk after exposure
- Normal causes of acute fever!
- Typhoid fever
- Viral hemorrhagic fevers
- Yellow fever
- Rift Valley Fever
- Q fever
- Zika virus