Expedited partner therapy
(Redirected from Expedited Partner Therapy)
- Treatment of sex partners of patients diagnosed with chlamydia or gonorrhea by providing treatment or medications to the patient to take to his/her partner without the health care provider examining the partner.
- Decreases recurrence
- Legal in most states. Potentially permissible in some. Prohibited in a few (FL, KY, OH, WV)
- Male partner: give allergy instructions
- Female partner: needs pregnancy test first
- MSM: need HIV test (↑HIV rate)