- Also known as "S-E syndrome"
- gastric neuroendocrine malignancy results in hypersecretion of hydrochloric acid by parietal cells
- Associated with peptic ulcers and diarrhea
- 60% malignant, only 20% resectable; 25% of gastrinoma patients have multiple endocrine neoplasia type I; >80% of gastrinomas found in gastrinoma triangle.
- Chronic diarrhea
- Postprandial abdominal pain
- Wheezes on auscultation
- Evidence of malnourishment and decreased oral intake
- Proton-Pump Inhibitors
- Somatostatin analog (Octreotide) if no improvement
- Direct inhibition of gastric secretion
- Surgical resection